Scott's Comics is interested in buying your comics, IF there are issues that we need. A list of the types of books we can most use is below.
What I need from you:
- A list of the books with title, issue number, and condition. Do not include an attachment of the list, include it in the body of an e-mail. Other FAQs include how to get this information if you do not know how to get it.
- A scan of expensive books are great!
- Include a price that you want for the lot including insured shipping to North Carolina.
Scott's Comics gets so many offers to buy, it gives us the unique position to pick and choose the best deals. I will either say yes, no, or make a counter offer. Due to the hectic nature of the internet business, I need you to take the first step and let me know what you want for the books.Otherwise, I will just move to the next seller. If I bought everything that was offered to me, I would be broke, so I am choosy. Make me a deal I cannot refuse and I will more likely buy! I pay 10-50% of guide for books. I need to make a profit, so if you want full guide for your comics, find another buyer.
- Any 1960s - 1970s comics, especially major titles such as Spider-Man, X-Men, Batman, Superman, Avengers, Fantastic Four and such. Minor titles wanted also and oddball titles.
- Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, Nightwing, and Robin issues not already in stock.
- Sonic The Hedgehog, especially issues #1-17, 19, 22, 23, 25, 39, 48, 82, 86, 89-103, 107-135 and any others not already in stock.
- Any X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, or Amazing Spider-Man issue not already in stock or any issue not in stock in near mint..
- G.I. Joe, especially the Marvel series #1-25 (first printings), 80-134, 146-155, and some issues of the Devil's Due and Image runs not in stock.
- Transformers - any issues not in stock
- Cartoon Comics such as Flintstones, Jetsons, Sad Sack, Pinky and the Brain, Scooby Doo, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, etc.
- Trade Paperbacks / Hardcovers - especially out of print ones featuring major characters
- Complete sets of mini series, especially Marvel and DC titles featuring major characters not already in stock.
I do not want: most early 1990s books, issues of not long running discontinued titles published in the 1980s to present, single issues of mini series, and manga titles. There are exceptions to this rule, but for the most part I am likely to pass on these types of books.
At this time, I am specializing in 1960s and up comics. Please look for other dealers if you have pre-1960s comics.
Scott's Comics will pay 10-50% of guide for books we can use,
I'm going to be frank here. If you want full guide or over guide for your books, please find another buyer. If you are a collector that wants top dollar for your collection you need to go into business for yourself, and it may take you years to move your collection. You take the time to sell them, scanning them, bagging and boarding them, grading them, setting up at shows, ebay fees, website fees, taxes, rent, packing them up to ship, etc. You will also find that some books sell quickly and some will sit, and sit, and sit and never sell at full price. If you decide to go that route, and allow your collection to be cherry picked, the leftovers that you cannot sell will be even less attractive to a dealer in the future. So not unless you are willing to do the selling yourself, forget getting full guide for any comics from a dealer.
If we agree to buy your comics, we will send you more detailed information of how to pack them and where to ship them.